Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

An Experiment in Cardboard Characters




I just completed this first CardBot character made out of cardboard and a few sticks of hot glue. I wanted to try to make something with material other then sculpey or poly-clay, to mix things up. What I really like about the cardboard is the 'poor mans' approach to making and creating stuff. It costs next to nothing and takes very little time to take a design from an idea to a dimensional working sample.If I get enough time I would like to have an entire army of cardboard robots by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the cardboard idea. Also I remember you making some characters out of thicker cardstock or something that was really cool too. i wonder if that foam stuff at michaels or hobby lobby would work, it is different colors and seems like it would be sturdy and have a unique look.

Anonymous said...

have you heard or ever used weebly? I signed up for it yesterday, it seems like a cool site to make a website and blog etc.. I plan on doing a art blog portfolio on there and also one for my stamp company.

Click here to return to KEVINBARBA.COM