Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Portable Electric drumset (homemade) 2000

After a good 9 years of service, I decided to tear down the first electric drum kit I made. This was built back in 2000/2001 to bring with me to college. The idea was to save money and make a compact kit that I can quickly set up and start jamming. It also helped to have a small footprint and stow away under my bed when not in use.

All of the drums fit inside a standard utility suitcase that I picked up from Menards. I had two single zone Roland Drum heads and two roughly homemade drum heads. I mounted bolts to the top of the suitcase lid to hold two cymbal sensors. I also had a DIY bass drum pedal and a hi-hat controller that have gone missing in action over time.

check out the pictures i posted. It was a great little portable kit. I hope Yamaha or Roland make something like this one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patent it!

Click here to return to KEVINBARBA.COM